Monday, February 13, 2012

Its always better to fall flat on your face then stand still. At least then you will be a whole body length ahead of where you would be if you just stood

Dear everyone!
Long week! we have just finished the mission Tour and man it was great! My companion and I are way beat and excited its over but more excited to implement those things. We are going to hit the ground running, in fact tonight we are headed back out to L'viv to start up our exchanges with the zone leaders. I think I appreciate dad the flight rearrangement ... I think, I always thought coach was worse than economy. either way I'll be in the same plane no matter where I am sitting... however my flight plans say that its an A330 from Amsterdam. Anyhow so this week was a tough one for us.. at least as far as numbers go, I am always beating myself up about that. Granted we were only in our area 2 days and my comp was sick one of them but its just... disappointing. I know I need to come to an understanding of the facts but it doesn't take away from the feelings that you get when no one you are teaching is really progressing. so yeah.. I DO like helping out other missionaries though and am excited for the upcoming exchanges. My study has been keeping me somewhat sane. Its always nice in the morning to read and be taught things simple or even deep, its an exciting time for me to feel like I'm actually "getting it" because there are some points on the streets where I always end up asking myself "what are we not doing correctly? why aren't people responding to us? I dont get it"
We had a leadership meeting at the end of the week and President blew whatever was left of my mind when he spoke about this exact thing. That it is not WE who run the show, but our Heavenly Father. In fact I'm going to attach the email that he sent us because I thought it was awesome! He helped the mission or perhaps reminded the mission that it is not our work... that we cannot forget from what source or reason we are here in the first place. That its HIS work and HIS glory... Just working harder will not make differences if your not doing what He wants us to do. there is order. Once again, comforting to the soul. I have to go and start transfers with president soon so I will be short, thank you for the emails. Please keep me updated... And yes dad its not that I'm against Florida and going there for school. But cheap prices can also mean cheap education, the other schools I'm looking at are not cheap, and even BYU is not cheap but it has its advantages.. I'm pretty sure I need the ATC again so I will sign up for that shortly I have to do it before the 9th of March and then I have about a month to study for it. I love you all... And I know I dont bear my testimony in all of my letters.. well I do but not in the orthodox sense of "I know that..." or "I want to testify to you..." but just so you know, I believe its true with all my heart.
Love you

--
Старійшина Джонсон

No comments:

Post a Comment