Monday, February 20, 2012

Don't let yesterday hold tomorrow Hostage

Dear Everyone,
Well that was the end of another great week! and we have now started the next. I was in L'viv for most of last week on exchanges, returned for one day, and then off we went on another set exchanges... woof! My companion was a little under the weather so we quarantined him and I went to L'viv with Elder Hubbel. Yeah like the Telescope.

Picture with me. Its a cloudy day in a sense, but the sun is blasting through the clouds and its rather bright. Your in a couple thousand year old city, old mid evil look with the connecting buildings, the cobble stone streets, and the statues and church's in the town squares. There is a light snow, small snow flakes that are falling everywhere but down... just kind of breezy and getting tossed to a fro. Its Valentines day so everyone looks their best arm in arm. You have your Men and Women walking down the streets in the old traditional clothing selling stuff, and street performers singing their hearts out.... and then you've got us, two missionaries with a desire and a purpose to preach the Good Word. Off we went, visiting a bunch of places and talking to a TON of people! .. I love the Ukrainian language! its absolutely beautiful. My companion on the exchange was Elder Shurtleff, the future AP but he doesn't know that yet ;) He's a little fireball like myself, so when we got somebody who was wanting to take a stab at us we did some serious confounding! The missionaries out in L'viv I would say are some of our best, so District Meeting was great! Elder and Sister Ewart are the senior couple down there running the branch.
We are not in our area enough I don't feel to really do some damage and make a dent, but on our exchanges we find dozens! we found 12 in two days there in L'viv. which really is a big deal for us. You have your fisher's in the West and in Mexico and South America, and you have your Hunters in the Eastern Hemisphere (Jer.16:16) we enjoyed it alot!
I Also, our last night, received a personality test from Elder Ewart! some kind of law enforcement program that he gives to missionaries going home to help out with their "future" companion lol I loved that exchange alot! and considering it was going to be my last in L'viv I better have!
We returned and immediantly went into another exchange which went pretty well. Part of it was in the office because president has us working on something for the mission. we are creating a website for him and so far we have done a pretty stinkin good job. all the pictures, his weekly letters, and other things are going to be available soon as well. Its http://ukrainekievmission.com/. Its not fully up and running yet but soon we will be but you can check it out... hmm well yesterday was a really good Sunday! I love these members here! its really turned into a giant family here this past 4 months. I do not want to come home. Thats going to be a tough flight to take... but I hear other people take it and they live so I think I will be just fine. There is a Tuesday of my life that I never lived through because of the flight over here. I feel like I've stepped into a story book, "..the time {really has} passed away as it were unto us a dream.." and I guess to wake and be able to keep living it is a whole new chapter that I will turn to when I get there. I love you all and am grateful for the emails. I will keep you in all my prayers.

--
Старійшина Джонсон

No comments:

Post a Comment